#931 A Indian lady left aromatic recipe
Aromatic recipe “PAYASAM”
I had an opportunity to meet a beautiful Indian lady who teaches Indian food. She has stayed in Japan for 2 months as a tourist.
She cooked chicken curry, yogurt salad and sweets named “PAYASAM” for 6 Japanese, including myself. I especially loved the “PAYASAM” which contained cardamom a kind of aromatic seed. PAYASAM’s basic ingredients are milk and coconuts milk with cardamon seeds, raisins, roasted vermicelli (thin pasta) and tapioca.
Introducing Indian culture by cooking
She is an Indian who lives in England. It seems that she sometimes likes to introduce Indian culture by cooking Indian food for people. She said there are many diverse cultures in India, so what she made was not typical Indian food. They were from family’s recipes. Since she comes from South of India, she likes sticky rice, but people from North of India don’t eat rice very much, they eat flour.
She taught us about Indian culture and food. She also talked about Brexit because she lives in London. We had a good time with yummy food and cultural talks.
Cardamon reminds me of her
That was 2 weeks ago, I still can’t forget that aromatic cardamon sweets. Therefore I made the “PAYASAM” twice. I missed the vermicelli too but I don’t know where I can buy it.
She will leave Japan soon. She left some good recipes for us.
Whenever I made the “PAYASAM” or smell the aroma of cardamon, it reminds me of her.
My “PAYASAM” recipe
- Heat black seeds form cardamon with butter in a pot
- Add milk and boil
- Add tapioca and stir (don’t burn it!)
- Add raisins and roasted vermicelli
- Stop the heat and add sugar and coconuts milk
- For garnish with roasted cashews
↑This is a roasted vermicelli. I don’t know where I can buy it.
Read more about “PAYASAM” recipe:
最新記事 by nako (全て見る)
- #767 It’s the best season for peaches! - 2021年6月30日
- #768 Having 15 small kids posing together is a very cute scene. - 2021年6月17日
- #769 Have you been fine during the covid-19 pandemic? - 2021年6月3日